Sunday, August 24, 2008

Welcome Home Sammy!

Okay, so he's been home for a few days now, but I'm sleep deprived so I have an excuse. : )

We came home on Wednesday, August 20th. Russ, Katie and the boys all came down to the hospital to pick us up. It was Katie and Elijah's first time meeting Samuel and I was so curious to see how Eli would do. He was in absolute awe of the baby! I wish I had a picture of the moment he walked in the room and saw him, it was priceless. Awe really is the best word to describe it.

The boys wore their tie-dyed shirts and they all looked so cute.
Then Katie got her turn to meet Sammy.

Russ ran down to the gift shop to buy one of the great Sleep Sack Swaddlers that they used in the hospital and then we were set to go. He went to get the car and pull it around front while we waited for our nurse escort. Sammy started crying when he was put in the carseat and I was worried it would be a long ride home but he settled right down and went back to sleep.

After a quick detour to Potbelly for me (my first deli meat sandwich in 10 months-YUM!!) and Wendy's for the kids, we were finally home. Russ and the kids had a few surprises waiting for us.


They also had some blue balloons tied out in the front yard and a "Baby Boy" mylar balloon when we first walked in the house. It was so sweet to come home to!

The rest of the day was spent just snuggling Sammy and resting. Every new thing with him was exciting, even a diaper change.

The boys both had to take lots of turns holding him, especially Elijah. He kept saying, "My turn now Mommy" and eventually went to "Give me my baby".

Isaac made sure to get in his baby time too.
I think I can safely say, we are all hopelessly in love.

1 comment:

Desiree's Daily Life said...

Oh My! I will be right up to Minnesota, to cuddle that little cutey! What a blessing for your family. He is SO CUTE Nichole. Keep the pictures coming. God Bless you all!