Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Consider Yourself

Last friday Russ and I took Isaac to see the play Oliver! at our local community theater. This is a part of the same group that does the Children's Theater that he's in so he knew several of the cast and crew members.

This was the first play he's been to that wasn't a Disney or totally kid-geared show so I was curious to see what he thought. He loved it! Now we've been able to graduate from non-stop Aladdin songs around the house to Oliver songs. We've watched the movie and I found a showtunes CD that has "I'd do Anything" and "Consider Yourself" on it so we've had those two songs on repeat for hours a day. Yes, I'm slowly losing my mind.

Isaac is bound and determined to be Dodger in a future Oliver performance so yesterday he searched the house for the perfect (or as good as we could manage being we're limited in 1850's London apparel) Dodger costume and spent a good amount of time practicing dancing and singing to "Consider Yourself".

Elijah, needing to be just like his big brother, also found himself a costume and Isaac recruited him to be one of the kids spinning the umbrella carriage wheel in "I'd do Anything".I wish I had had a memory card for the video camera, they really were entertaining. I'm so enjoying how much Isaac, and really Elijah too, are liking the theater. It's something I always wanted to do but was too scared to try so it's wonderful being able to live vicariously through them!

No comments: