Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do this....

but it's my 39 week update. Yup, 39 weeks. Longer than I have ever been pregnant before. I now feel overdue and can understand that "this baby will never be here" feeling that some women talk about.



I had my midwife appointment this morning and I'm now dilated to a 2, still 50% effaced, baby has gone from floating to -2, cervix is forward, getting soft, and she could feel the bag of waters bulging. Her prediction is that he'll be here by this weekend. Russ has been saying the 15th all along and the full moon is on Saturday so things are pointing in my favor. I hope.

We started a family baby pool and the winner gets a $20 Target gift card. I already lost as my guess was the 9th. Wishful thinking but didn't get me too far.

The boys have both come down with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease over the weekend and early this week so it's probably best the baby didn't come. Isaac is pretty much over it but Elijah just came down with it yesterday so he's still feeling pretty sore in his mouth.

So now we're just playing the waiting game....

No comments: