Saturday, September 20, 2008

SMILES!!!!

There's just something about those first smiles that brighten up your world. No matter what kind of day you're having, what kind of mood you're in, when a newborn smiles at you it all becomes better.
Sammy started giving us social smiles about a week and a half ago, at 3 weeks old. They were few and far between though and we really had to work for them.

By 4 weeks old, he was becoming more generous with them. Russ brought him in to me one morning, a week or so ago, and when I took him I said, "Hey Buddy!" and his face just broke into the biggest smile. Melted my heart into a puddle.

A morning or so after that Sam and I were laying in bed, just talking, and he started up with non-stop smiles. Even the ceiling fan was rewarded with a few! So I brought him to see Russ and the boys and he shared some with them as well. My goal became to get a smile on camera.
It was harder than I expected. Each time he started smiling, I grab the camera and try to catch it. This is usually what I ended up getting...

Yesterday I *almost* got one...


But it wasn't quite good enough.

This morning he was full of smiles again. No luck though. THEN...this afternoon I was able to capture the elusive smile!


How can that not just make your day??

No comments: