Oldest first, so Isaac. He has decided he simply HAS to have 2 new Star Wars toys at $20 each. Since our money tree seems to be having a bad season, he's got to earn the money himself. And apparently, the extra jobs we offer him aren't what he has in mind.
So he decided he wanted to get a "real" job (assuring me that he'd still do his household chores "when I have the time") but, much to his dismay, child labor laws prevent him from doing that. After spending time on the internet with my showing him that 6 was still too young to be a paperboy even, he decided that he'd sell some of his toys to earn the cash.
He's spent the last couple of days compiling all the toys he's willing to part. Today, he told me that he wanted to sell his knight castle (which he regularly plays with) and explained it by saying "I can see my future and I know I won't be playing with it much in the future.". I still had to nix that one.
Elijah's funny from today-Before dinner he kept trying to sneak chips and I told him that he couldn't have any because it was almost time to eat. He stomped off, arms across his chest, telling me, "I'm being mad at you!!".
And a pic of my lovebugs from this past weekend.
1 comment:
I can't believe that Isaac was still talking about getting a job! He was talking about that up at the cabin! He had a great idea to sell the toys he isn't using. What a smart kid....it's amazing the things they think up...and all of their own.
Post a Comment