Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Allow me a moment...

to be the proud Mommy and share Isaac's Peabody test results.

He had the test today (an oral test for homeschoolers that fits the requirements for standardized testing) so that I knew what to buy for curriculum this year. He did so well! He tested at, or above, grade level in all categories with an overall grade equivalent of 1.5 (first grade and 5 months)

For general information (science, soc. studies, art) he tested at 2.2, math was at 2.0, and reading was 1.3. I'm so proud of him!

He was his typical chatty self and had me chuckling in the next room listening to his answers. Here's how a couple went:

Tester: "What month comes after winter?"

Isaac: "Spring. I like spring because the season, I mean month, of April is in spring. I like April because my birthday is April 23rd. My brother Eli's birthday is December 25th. That's Christmas."

Next question-

Tester: "What happens to lemonade when you add sugar?"

Isaac: "It gets sweeter."

Tester: "That's right. Do you like lemonade?"

Isaac: "Yep. I especially like lemonade that you buy at garage sales because you're helping kids make money. I had a lemonade stand at my garage sale and made almost $20. That's not as much as I made when I helped watch my friends pets though. They don't live in this neighborhood but they still live in _______(our town). If you go out to that street and turn there, then turn again and then see a white house, that's where they live. At least I think so but I haven't been there in awhile. They're in my co-op where we made toys for the kitties at the humane society. I don't remember what I made but it was a fun toy for a kitty."

It's never a short answer with him.

1 comment:

Amy Dingmann said...

That is awesome...no wonder you were cracking up in the next room. Way to go Issac!