The kids had a blast at dinner. Russ started throwing grapes and catching him in his mouth, then the kids would throw them for him to try and catch. Isaac had a couple of giggle fits when a throw was bad and a grape went flying across the room! It was quite a bit cleaner than last years whip cream fight!!!
For dessert we had cupcakes with red and white sprinkles and ice cream. For the past 2 weeks we've been doing Secret Valentine's so we all revealed who was our S.V. and shared what their favorite thing was. I had Russ and his favorite was that day, when I hid choc. marshmallow hearts all around the house for him. Isaac had Katie and her favorite was a little container he made for her covered in green paper and charms and glitter hearts. Russ had Isaac and he couldn't choose a favorite-he loved them all! Katie had me and my favorite was when she cleaned our room and left a little poem about moms tied with a ribbon. But then she asked if I had found her gift from the day before and I hadn't so she got it to show me and I changed my favorite to that. She made me a beautiful booklet with a long poem about moms and each page had a verse and then a picture that she had cut out. It was very creative and looked like it took a lot of time and thought.
Then it was the part Isaac had been waiting for ALL DAY! The conversation heart hunt! Katie and Isaac were on a mission and took off running but Elijah was more concerned with eating each and every one he found so was a bit behind. (notice the balloon hooked to the back of Isaac, lol)
I also got my picture of the kids in the red outfits before they headed off to get ready for bed.
Usually Russ and I have our own celebration after the kids go to bed with a special treat or dessert and exchanging gifts but last night I fell asleep while putting Isaac to bed. : ( I did leave him out his card, candy and rose. I got my gift this morning. It was a homemade gift certificate made out of gorgeous vintage looking paper that I just love. It said:
"This is for one awesome day with me shopping, eating lunch, and going to see the movie of your choice and to the Shoppes at Arbor Lakes.
But wait there's more...
This is also redeemable for $100 at any store in Arbor Lakes!
I recommend redeeming this amazing coupon in the spring when it will be wonderful to be outside and we will actually have the money available for this amazing occasion.
Happy Valentine's Day!"
Arbor Lakes is one of my favorite places to go shopping. It's got pretty much every store that I love, tons of great restaurants, and is set up so you walk outside to all of the stores and there's flowers and water fountians-very pretty. I had to laugh at the last part about doing it when we actually had the $, hehe. I'm really looking forward to it though. I already decided that I'm going to try and wait to do it until after my ultrasound and if this baby ends up being a girl, I'm spending all my money on little girl clothes!
It ended up being a very good day and it was wonderful to enjoy it all together.
1 comment:
I cannot believe all the trouble you go to for valentines day, it looks amazing.
Love how its a family love day really
Post a Comment