Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lunar Eclipse


So I'm a bit behind in posting. I haven't been feeling the greatest the last couple of days (not quite in that 2nd tri honeymoon period yet) and when I've been up to it, I've been in a bit of a nesting mode.

On Wednesday there was a lunar eclipse. Isaac and I learned about what they are early in the day and then we had a lot of fun watching it that night. Russ set up his telescope and tried to get a good view but it wasn't working too well. Much better to just look at it on our own.

Isaac was so excited and kept saying, "I can't believe it! My first lunar eclipse!!" Although once we turned the lights all off to get a better view he was a bit nervous and wanted to be done with it. I tried taking some pictures but am not happy with how they turned out. For some reason I was having difficulty getting my camera to shoot in night mode and it was *freezing* out so I didn't try too hard to figure it out. But here's one of when the earth's shadow was just starting to show on the moon....
Once the eclipse was complete we moved up to the boys' room to look since that gave us a better view. Even though he wasn't quite sure about what was going on, Elijah was excited about looking at "moon!".

There really wasn't two moons, that's just the blur from my camera.

What a cool thing to watch!

No comments: