Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So Long First Trimester


Hooray!!! The first tri is now over! This is one I'm NOT sorry to see go. It felt like I'd never get here but the second trimester finally came, thank goodness. I've been debating for awhile now which due date to go with-the one my midwife goes by or the one I thought it was. I was hoping for an early ultrasound to narrow it down but, unfortunately, did not get one. So my midwife has my due date as 8-18 and by my own calculations (because of the irregular cycles I'd been having) I was thinking it was closer to 8-20. Two whole days. I know, huge difference and big whoop. But seriously, these things become immensely important to me. I want to know, down to the minute if I can, where my baby is at and all of that fun stuff. So after much going over it in my head and discussing it with Russ (well, I talk and he kind of stares off into space and *sorta* pretends to care) I think I'm going with the midwife one. I like the thought of being 2 days ahead so now I'm 14 weeks 1 day instead of having to wait until tomorrow to hit 14. I figure with my history of going early anyway, I might as well take the earlier due date, right?

So, since I can now say I'm 14 weeks, here's the belly shot.....


Here's the 12 weeks pic to compare....


So far this pregnancy has been very different than my other two. Makes you think it might be a girl?? I might think that too if I had already gone that route with Elijah's pg. His was also totally different than Isaac's and we were so convinced it was a girl we had already started buying the nursery decor. Were we surprised when he proudly displayed his little boy parts at the ultrasound!

The differences in this one-SNEEZING!! I have about 5 sneezing fits every day and am constantly blowing my nose. My feet are always freezing, the morning sickness is different in that while I was intensely sick with Elijah, it only lasted 2 weeks and then was about better. Now in week 14 I'm still feeling sick at least some of the day. I mostly do okay during the day but still need to eat every hour or so and I get very gaggy at night. I'm so hoping that goes away soon! I'm also constantly hungry. No, scratch that. Starving!! With Elijah I couldn't really look at chicken my whole pregnancy. With this one chicken is the only meat I can stomach. Our cooking staple, ground turkey, just turns my stomach. I might gag having just typed it. I'm also mostly craving sweet things or things that have little nutritional value with the exception of fruit. I eat a couple of apples a day which is a good balance to all the cookies. : ) Heaven help me when/if the GD kicks in! Oh, and the exhuastion! That 2nd tri energy has not come yet. I'm usually able to get some cleaning and things done with the kids in the morning but come afternoon I've had it and am layed out on the couch for a few hours.

All in all though, things are looking much better than a few weeks ago and I'm excited to be in the fun part of pregnancy~getting a belly, feeling the baby, having our ultrasound~the good stuff!

No comments: