Yay! Today I'm 13 weeks-the last one of the first trimester. And can I just say, this is one trimester I will NOT be sad to leave behind!!
I had my 2nd prenatal appointment today with the nurse midwife. Blood pressure was good and weight was up from 103lbs at my last visit to 112lbs this time. Uh, can you tell I can eat again?? I was really surprised that I had gained that much. I then had to drink the oh-so-yummy glucose drink so they could do an early diabetes screening. The midwife came in and said my uterus "was popping up" and listened for the heartbeat. She found it fairly quickly but also said the baby kept moving around. Then she let me listen (she was using the doppler plugged into a stethescope) and I heard it very quickly 2x's but both times the baby zoomed away as soon as we'd find it. Poor little thing was probably on a sugar high!
But what I'm most excited about it that we scheduled my ultrasound!! Instead of going back in 4 weeks for my next prenatal, we're going back in 5 and doing the ultrasound at the same time. I absolutely cannot wait!! I also can't believe I'm now far enough along to be scheduling the u/s. I hope these next 5 weeks fly by and, even more than that, I hope the baby is cooperative and we're able to find out the sex. It's driving me crazy already.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment