Last night, at 16w1d, I had my first strong BH of this pregnancy. I didn't think much of it and figured I just overdid a bit with the cleaning/lifting/activity during the day and I just had that one. But now today looks like my uterus is back to being it's irritable old self. I had about 7 contractions in a half hour this morning so called my midwife clinic. The one I talked to decided to change my ultrasound from 3/20 to 3/11 so it's now next Tuesday! I also am going to get it done at the hospital instead of the clinic because they have better machines, will measure my cervix and also have a perinatologist there for me to talk to. I'm so excited to only have 4 days to wait now! I'm also excited about having the better machines, hoping that they'll maybe be ones that can do some 3D views.
I'm not, however, happy that these contractions are starting so much earlier this time. I was really banking on another month or so before this kicked in so it's caught me off gaurd yet again. I'm taking it easy now since all day they've really picked up if I pick up my activity. I've been downing the water like crazy too which means I may as well camp out in the bathroom. Kind of a catch-22 having to rest yet drink more water than a fish. Hoping that just taking it easy will be enough for now and I won't have to do any big bedrest. At least not yet. As long as my cervix is staying long and strong I'll feel okay. I am taping a bunch of movies on the DVR though, just in case!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment