Sunday, April 20, 2008

Owies

We had a bit of a scare with Elijah this morning. Katie was watching the boys downstairs while I was resting in bed (lots of contractions lately) and Russ was at church. Around 11am she ran up the stairs, panicked, saying Eli hit his head and was bleeding really bad.


I grabbed him and the whole back of his head was covered in blood-scary!! I got a washcloth and tried to see how bad the cut was but there was too much blood so I put him in the tub and rinsed it off. It didn't look too bad but still wasn't sure if he might need a stitch or not so we called Russ and had him come home and see what he thought. It looked liked it would be okay but was still bleeding just a bit almost 1.5 hours later so we called the doctor, got some instructions for caring for it, and he thankfully did not end up needing any stitches after all.


This is it all cleaned up. Not too bad but, man, they aren't kidding when they say head wounds bleed A LOT!!

He was such a trooper too. After the inital fall (guess he fell off the back of the couch and hit his head on the corner of the sewing table) he didn't even cry through the whole ordeal. He was actually in a surprisingly good mood!

No comments: