Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bedrest Begins

After the contraction episode at 16 weeks I've been doing pretty well. Up until this past weekend. I started contracting a bit more on Saturday and Sunday morning was doing okay but they picked up again Sunday night. Still not quite as frequent as they have gotten in the past, but there are some that are quite strong and uncomfortable. At my 18 week midwife appointment I talked to her about a plan of action for when they started. She said that since this is my 3rd time going through it that she would trust my judgement and that I could call and come in to get checked out anytime I felt it was necessary. I'm glad that they trust me but I don't really like the decision being in my hands. I feel like if I'm on bedrest with dr's orders it's more legitamate, if I put myself on it it's because I'm lazy. So I'm not on total bedrest but each day the contractions have been coming frequently at at least some point. It's usually at night but there have been some daytime episodes as well. I still go downstairs for meals, try to get a bit of housework done, and some laundry but I try to limit the amount I walk up and down and try to spend as much time upstairs as I can.


So in preparation for the bad days, Russ, the boys, and I got our bedroom all set up. Russ brought up a dinette table for coloring and games (today it was a fort for awhile), a little bookshelf for the kids' books, and a cabinet to keep some games and puzzles in. Isaac even has a trampoline up here for his excercise. The picture is kind of dark and hard to see.

I also brought up some school books for Isaac and we have our snack shelf too. My bedside table is equipped with my laptop, books, phone, water, ect. I think we're pretty set!

I'm really thankful that I'm still avoiding full bedrest for now but we're prepared to spend a lot of our day hanging out and taking it easy.

I did clean and vacuum the upstairs yesterday and have been feeling a bit more achey and contracting more today so I'm seeing that my activity is definately affecting my contractions. It's just a tough call to make because I don't want to be an extra burden on Russ and throw the kids' lives all out of whack but I absolutely want to do what's best for this little baby and keep him safe and growing.

I'll have lots of time to catch up on my blog now!

No comments: