Last night Sam and I were having a rough time. He falls asleep, and stays that way, well when nothing messes with his routine and he gets his naps in well.
Unfortunately, his schedule got messed up yesterday since we were running errands so I paid for it last night. He was getting in one of his hysterical modes, screaming and nothing would help him to calm down. I tried all of my usual tricks, bouncing, butt patting, shhh-shhh'ing, walking, everything. I was at the end of my rope so just sat back on the couch and laid him against me, facing out.
He started trying to twist in to me, turning towards my chest. I thought maybe my heartbeat would help him to calm down so I turned him so we were chest to chest and he started settling down.
He turned his head to look at me and just gazed into my eyes and then gave me the sweetest little smile, with his eyes all puffy and red from crying. It melted my heart. He sat like that for a few minutes, just looking up at me, smiling every so often, and even giving little coo's.
I love it how a stressful, can't-wait-to-hand-him-over-to-Daddy moment turned into one of the most touching and sweet moments I've had with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so lovely. I miss newborn baby things, except for the moments where you feel jagged and stressed. The snuggling was the best!
Post a Comment