Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mispronounciation

When I was about 15 we were visiting with my cousin and her little boy who was somewhere around 2 years old. He called teddy bears "Oddy bores", it was very cute.

One day my friend and I took a walk with him and we taught him to say "teddy bear". We got back, all happy and proud of what we had taught him but when we showed my cousin what he could do, she was so sad. She loved how he had pronounced it before. I didn't quite get it at the time.

Now I totally do. Every kid has those things that they say in their own special way and it's always a bit sad the first time they say it the right way.

Isaac used to call Yoda "Yodee", Elijah called "The Little Mermaid" Little Lemonade, but the one I love so much right now is when we say our mealtime prayer. Eli says, "Come Lord Jeezbiz be our guest...."

No comments: